- You must remain enrolled full time. Go to class and maintain passing grades. If you are having difficulty in your classes, notify your international advisor.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6-months in the future. Your country’s consulate or embassy can help you extend your passport if needed
- International students are permitted to work in Canada while they study – both on and off-campus. Full-time students with a valid Study Permit can work on-campus without requiring a work permit. This permit allows students to work for 20 hours per week during term time and full-time during holidays and semester breaks. This applies to all full-time students enrolled at a public university, community college, vocational college, a publicly funded trade or technical school, or a private institution.
- International students who wish to work off-campus while studying as a full-time student in Canada should find out whether their university permits off-campus work for international students – some may not.
- Canada allows you to bring your spouse or partner with you. Your spouse/partner can also work while you are still a student.